question

Josie Li avatar image
Josie Li asked Mayur Upadhayay commented

Cannot log into RingCentral softphone for windows

Hi there,

I'm new on RingCentral. My company is currently building a CC solution on RingCentral. I created a free account using my business email address and created a free sandbox using this account for proven of concept work. I can see RingCentral auto assign an ext "101" to it but no phone associated with it. So I went to phone system to add a Ringcentral soft phone to it. Then I tried to log into the softphone on my desktop using my email address but it failed saying "Sorry, you currently don't have permission to access this service. Contact your administrator to change permissions. ". What I need to do for me to successfully log into the softphone?

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered Mayur Upadhayay commented

By default, it uses production mode. You need to log in in Sandbox mode

From the softphone sign-in screen use the following key combination to bring up the Sandbox environment toggle:

• Windows user: Cntrl+F2
  • Mac user: Fn+Command+F2
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Mayur Upadhayay avatar image Mayur Upadhayay commented ·

What about linux users?

0 Likes 0 ·
Josie Li avatar image
Josie Li answered

Thank you for the quick response! I tried and failed. This is what I did following your instruction:

1. Go to "Sign in" screen
  2. At the point I'm going to enter password, I pressed Ctrl + F2
  3. The toggle did not come up
1 |3000

Josie Li avatar image
Josie Li answered

It looks like I have to use phone App

1 |3000

Gavin Taylor avatar image
Gavin Taylor answered Phong Vu commented

We've got exactly the same problem and means we can't test anything. Did you get this working on mobile as I get a permission error on that as well?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The RingCentral mobile app does not support sandbox mode. That is why we mentioned only

• Windows user: Ctrl+F2
  • Mac user: Fn+Command+F2
0 Likes 0 ·
Josie Li avatar image
Josie Li answered

Yes. I figured out: you have to install RingCentral phone app which supports sandbox. Hope it helps

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys