question

Cleiton Lenkiu avatar image
Cleiton Lenkiu asked Cleiton Lenkiu commented

How do I create additional Sandbox account?

I have a developer account associated with a RingCentral organization.
That organization has only one Sandbox account.
As we have several developers assigned in the Developer List, we would like to have additional sandbox accounts.
From my understanding, I would be able to create these accounts going to the Online Account Portal.
However, when I tried to go there, the system reports an error.
https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com/login/error.html?errorCode=56

Warning
We had a problem signing you in. Please try again.

Is there something missing, like roles and/or permissions?
What is the right procedure to create additional sandbox accounts?

app administration
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I don't think you need additional sandbox accounts. If you created a new free-tier one, it will not be associated with the production account.

What do you mean by saying the "As we have several developers assigned in the Developer List"? Are these developers listed in your RingCentral developer portal at the "Organization" page?

Tell me what you want to achieve and also your sandbox account id.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Cleiton Lenkiu answered Phong Vu edited

Hello Phong,
Thanks for the answer. It follows the requested information.

Organization Name: Atos
Main Company Number: +33180206831

Yes, the developers are listed in the RingCentral developer portal at the Organization page/Developer List

We are different developers from different areas of the organization.

I am going to write an app to interact with the RC RestApi.
I am starting with the OAuth Authorization Flow. I don't have the credentials of the only account existing at the Sandbox Accounts page: +14243202576

I read in the FAQs that it would be possible to create additional sandbox accounts, but I didn't find a way to do that.
My developer account at RC is clenkiu@gmail.com.

Regards,

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

If you are an admin user of the sandbox account, you can login the service web and add a new user to the account then use that user credentials to login your app.

I see "loannis Nanouris" is the super admin user on the sandbox account. Ask him to add you as a user extension to the account.

0 Likes 0 ·
Cleiton Lenkiu answered Cleiton Lenkiu commented

I guess I understand the issue now. I was mixing RC terminology.
I was thinking about creating a new user when I was asking about creating a new sandbox account.

Could you please clarify another question I have?

I have a user in the Production account. This user is assigned as a Developer to a sandbox account.
At least from my understanding, this user doesn't exist in the sandbox account.
Should the sandbox account admin create a new user for me in the sandbox account?
Can this new user be associated with the same email address I have in the Production account?

I guess this is the step I am missing now.

Regards,

2 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

If you are assigned as a developer from your production account, you can login the developer portal with your production user credentials, and from there you can create apps for your account. However, to test the app in the sandbox environment, you still need a "test" user in your sandbox account to test apps in sandbox environment before you can graduate the app to your production environment. Then, you can use your production user's credentials to login the app.

All in all, you need to use users from your sandbox account to test apps on the sandbox environment.

0 Likes 0 ·
Cleiton Lenkiu avatar image Cleiton Lenkiu Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

@Phong Vu
Now, I understand the way it works. The admin created a sandbox user to me and now I am able to test the app in the sandbox.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys