question

greg-boll3597 avatar image
greg-boll3597 asked Cher Danley answered

RingCentral Meetings Photo NOT Updating

I have changed my profile picture and it updated everywhere but except for in RC Meetings.. Looking through the help topics I see this is a known issue and some have luck getting this resolved but some do not.. I have worked with tech support and been told this is a known issue they are working on and don't know when this will be resolved.. Looking through the help articles I see this has been a known issue for some time.. Anyone else having this issue?

RC Tech Support: I understand you don't have an ETA on when this will be resolved but this has been known for some time now, whats the deal?

meetings
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tammie-phillips avatar image tammie-phillips commented ·

We are having the same issue. The photo will synch for some users but not others

0 Likes 0 ·
will-simon9625 avatar image will-simon9625 commented ·

Also having this issue, just adding to the count.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bonnie Askeland avatar image Bonnie Askeland commented ·

We are having the same issue. Ring Central, please fix this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Sauls avatar image Michael Sauls commented ·

Why isn't this fixed yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
Waibun Lee avatar image Waibun Lee Michael Sauls commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
KJ Leyden avatar image
KJ Leyden answered

This is a DESIRED option within my company! I have followed the steps in the below RC support link & no change. I even uninstalled the RC meetings before step#6--> still no change!

Why do we have to wait so long for this??? I hope this is fixed soon.

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/Profile-Picture-Does-Not-Update-RingCentral-Meetings?language=en_US

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Peter Ferrero avatar image
Peter Ferrero answered

I have the same issue, and tried the published workaround so many times already. So I chatted with their support team for the most current fix. She suggested to just add a comment here that the workaround is not working. She will also inform their dev team about this issue.

Please help us fix this issue because this is an important feature impacting user experience. Why not just add an option to edit the Photo in RC Meeting app?

1 |3000

Jason Lenz avatar image
Jason Lenz answered scott-mccrossin commented

I am also noting the same issue as above. I am a transgender man and currently my RingCentral Meetings app is showing an extremely feminine old professional photo which I would very much like to NOT be there (and to never see again, in all honesty). This is extremely confusing for my coworkers and extremely irritating to myself. My company's IT support has been unable to fix the issue. I implore the RingCentral developers to fix this.

The only place the photo is updating is if I am on my phone using RingCentral "Video" instead of "Meetings". All other instances of "Meetings" (phone, tablet, desktop) continue to use the old photo.

4 comments
1 |3000

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for your feedback, Jason. We're working with our product team and we'll post an update here as soon as we have new information.

1 Like 1 ·
will-simon9625 avatar image will-simon9625 Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

This specific thread has been open for over two months. Are you able to provide any actual information in terms of when this will be resolved? The support article from early August is also misleading since it doesn't actually resolve the problem.

A proper update from the RingCentral team would be much appreciated—if this is something you all are interested in fixing.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ will-simon9625 commented ·

Will, we understand it's frustrating. However, we don't quite have an ETA yet.
We will immediately update this thread when we get a definitive update from the Product Team.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Chrissy Cotts avatar image
Chrissy Cotts answered

I emailed twice already about my picture not updating on RingCentral meeting. It updated every where else. It’s frustrating. I ended up downloading ALL the different RingCentral apps. I still have the same old picture and now 5 different RingCentral apps that pop up when I start my laptop. Ps... the work around does not work.

1 |3000

Stephen Corbin avatar image
Stephen Corbin answered

I tried everything to change my profile pic but the old pic still shows up when I turn my camera off. I spent a couple of hours doing what I can. Please fix this.

1 |3000

jeff-salisbury7355 avatar image
jeff-salisbury7355 answered scott-mccrossin commented

I opened a support case asking that my photo be deleted by an engineer on the backend, but the response was the same: suggested I submit a Feature Request and tied the ticket to some known issue case. I escalated to our Customer Success Manager but it seems that whatever resources are needed to resolve this are not going to be engaged based on how long this has been ignored. Very hard to explain to my Executive Team, who are now asking for me to provision "Real Zoom accounts" because of issues like this, and because the feature parity if getting further behind as Ring dedicates all effort toward RC Video.

1 comment
1 |3000

scott-mccrossin avatar image scott-mccrossin commented ·

OK, this is very troubling. I will discuss with our IT Manager. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
greg-boll3597 answered will-simon9625 commented

I HAVE FIGURED OUT THE ANSWER!!!!

End user having issues.. Upload the new image you want to use..

The ADMIN user logins to the webpage to manage your account..

They Select the user

Select User Details

Select Edit on the RingCentral Video Service

Switch from whatever of the two options is checked and click save..

Go back into the Edit on the RingCentral Video Service.. Switch to the other option and save..

Then it instantly changed to my new profile pic..

RC Tech Support... I don’t know why it took me having to figure this out and not your team?!?! It took me some time to figure it out but I didn’t give up... FYI I accept payments...

Hope this helps all you guys out!!

2 comments
1 |3000

scott-mccrossin avatar image scott-mccrossin commented ·

I believe our ADMIN already tried this, but I will double check. I can switch to the RC Video service and have no issues. Unfortunately if I enter a meeting scheduled through RC Meetings, then the old photo loads every time.

0 Likes 0 ·
will-simon9625 avatar image will-simon9625 commented ·

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me, but I'd be curious if it works for others.

0 Likes 0 ·
greg-boll3597 answered

Both my cell and RC user account are set back to RC Meetings at this time and I have my new pic

1 |3000

jeff-salisbury7355 avatar image
jeff-salisbury7355 answered greg-boll3597 commented

@greg-boll - thanks for sharing that. I didn't realize there was a setting now that an Admin can toggle under User Details. When you said the end user needs to first upload an image - did you do that in RC Desktop (Glip) or in the RC App on a mobile device?

1 comment
1 |3000

greg-boll3597 avatar image greg-boll3597 commented ·

@jeff-salisbury

I changed my picture in the NEW RingCentral App on my mobile device first.. Then logged into the admin portal and made the change.. I left my RingCentral Video Service Settings selected on RingCentral Meetings on the admin portal

Hope this helps..

0 Likes 0 ·
andy-kim avatar image
andy-kim answered

I know this won't help everyone, but if you have access to the admin portal or can get IT's help:

Since there's no solution in place, and no help from support (they just redirect us here), I went ahead and deleted the user completely from RC, re-created, and that seems to have cleared out the profile picture across the platforms.

But now there doesn't seem to be a place to upload a new profile image for RC Meetings. It's the default "First+Last Initials". I've already updated it in RC app, and it syncs correctly in RC, RC Classic, RC Phone, and RC Video, but no dice in Meetings. Which isn't a big deal, since two letters are better than an undesired photo.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app