question

matt12345678910111213 avatar image
matt12345678910111213 asked mary-community-moderator edited

Constant iOS ringing even if I decline the call

Two users both on iOS. When a call comes through and it rings into iOS ringcentral completely takes over the phone. Rejecting the call just causes ringcentral to ring through a moment later. Ideally if both users reject the call the call should go to voicemail.
call forwarding
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Nathan Ramsden-Lock avatar image Nathan Ramsden-Lock commented ·

This is still an issue judging by the people mentioning it in this topic: - https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/30455/clicking-ignore-call-or-declining-the-call-does-no.html We have the issue too and I have tried chasing support on it.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Nathan Ramsden-Lock commented ·

Hi @Nathan Ramsden-Lock, I updated the thread you mentioned above.

0 Likes 0 ·
ted-jaffe192 avatar image
ted-jaffe192 answered
Hi Matt - this is because the two users are in the same call queue for a particular phone number (the flow is managed by the RingCentral admin at service.ringcentral.com - so be sure to check it if you're an admin).  

In general, the functionality works more like an ignore case on a user by user basis by design.  We're making some enhancements to the call queue use cases in Q3.

Please shoot an email to   glip.mobile.feedback@ringcentral.com to follow up on more details.   Our team is eager to speak with you directly some more on this subject :)

Thanks,
Ted

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

austin-locke avatar image
austin-locke answered jenn-community-moderator commented

@ted-jaffe this is still happening to me in 2020. My user is in a call queue with many users.

If they decline a call on the iPhone, it immediately rings the device again. This will repeat 3-4 times or for the duration of the call ringing.

Is there a workaround for this issue?

1 comment
1 |3000

jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Hello @austin-locke, this might be happening if the settings are "rotational." The call will hunt to the next available agent/user. If the issue still present, I would highly suggest opening a case HERE. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app