question

Harley Combs avatar image
Harley Combs asked AJ Acevedo commented

Forwarding a non RC phone to an RC phone

We just recently acquired a firm and we would like to have the old office phone number get forwarded to their new line at a different location. How can we go about doing this? This would also be temporary, maybe a year.

Not tech savy, and the tech support left me confused. Please be specific

call forwarding
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

AJ Acevedo avatar image AJ Acevedo commented ·

Depending on the phone system, PBX, or cloud-based VoIP provider, this could be handled in several different ways. Without knowing what the original phone system is, I would suggest contacting the carrier and request a carrier forward.

0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered AJ Acevedo commented

Hello @Harley Combs, we can do that. You need to go to Phone System > Phone Numbers > All numbers > Click the 3 vertical dots on the right hand beside "Add Number" > Forward Number.

2020-11-21-05-57-00.png

That should be good to go! Thank you.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

AJ Acevedo avatar image AJ Acevedo commented ·

@Jenn-Community_Moderator The OP’s title says they are looking to forward a non RC phone to an RC phone. Your instructions are for forwarding an RC phone to another number.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chaitali avatar image
Chaitali answered

I think this is the correct link. With the above process shared, one can forward calls from non RC number to RC number as the process ask the non RC number which will be forwarded

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app