question

Chris Fair avatar image
Chris Fair asked adib-delos-santos7476 answered

Recording stop after caller is put on park location

I called support and learned this is expected behavior. This is not how other call recording systems work. The call should stop recording for the hold and start back once resumed.

call recording
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

A parked call can be picked up by any other agents and it is kind a new call (even the session id remains the same). I am not sure that it should behave as you expect that the recording must be resumed. It is not the same as hold/resume a call.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

patti-c7909 avatar image
patti-c7909 answered

I agree with Chris. After the call is resumed it should start recording on the extension that continues the call. Right now I am looking for important conversations that happened after the call was retrieved from Park 71. I can see the length of the call shows it connected; however I am unable to find the recording. Anyone have a fix for this?

1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

@patti-c. I guess you can request this missing aspect as a feature to be added where resumed call can be recorded. You can add it as a feature request in idea portal which will help RC team to add that in furure version.

1 |3000

adib-delos-santos7476 avatar image
adib-delos-santos7476 answered

We would like to have Park Location/ Extension be available for Automatic Call Recording so that they don't have to patch 1 call to another. UID: 268820041.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys