question

Lee Pullen avatar image
Lee Pullen asked Lee Pullen commented

Call Forwarding to Other Extension While Employee Is Out

Hi RingCentral Community!

We have a need to allow a Employee B to cover for Employee A while they are out on medical leave.

We need all calls and voicemail destined for Employee A to end up with Employee B for a certain amount of time.

Since Employee B is working from home and does not have the ability to have their Polycom phone with them, they need to use the Apps (both desktop and mobile). As I understand it, RC cannot forward calls to the apps directly (seems odd) so we need to set up a call queue for Employee B. I have done this and created a custom rule but just cannot get it to work.

Calls made to Employee A do go to the Employee B Call Queue but the voicemails are left in the Call Queue voicemail and no notifications go out.

call forwardingvoicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered Lee Pullen commented

I guess you can configure voicemail for one user to another user extension from the online portal by selecting the user -->Message--> after-hours --> to specific extension and select the extension you need to send.

And call can be forward to other extensions from the call handling and forwarding section:

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/5-10-Editing-your-Extension-s-After-Hours-Rules-via-Web.html

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Lee Pullen avatar image Lee Pullen commented ·

Call forwarding directly does not work on the apps and if you forward to the phone, it will only ring the phone and NEVER go to voicemail.

Is this really such an odd request/situation?

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app