question

Robert Lester avatar image
Robert Lester asked Anirban commented

How to set a user's outgoing Caller ID to Private/Blocked?

I am using RingCentral Office Standard.

I would expect to be able to go into the online admin portal and control the outgoing caller ID via Users --> User List --> Users with Extensions, select a user and then administer their outgoing caller ID.

But I don't see any such capability, the user's outgoing caller ID is always set to the main corporate number. Am I looking in the wrong place?

phonecaller id
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

From RC desktop phone app you can set your outgoing caller id to blocked from settings--> Calls--> Outgoing --> Outbound Caller Id--> blocked

From online portal ref: https://support.ringcentral.com/article/3614.html#:~:text=Go%20to%20Settings%20%3E%20Outbound%20Calls,to%20access%20your%20extension%20settings.&text=Alternate%20Caller%20ID%20%2D%20used%20if,of%20your%20endpoints%2Fcalling%20features.

Another way without logging into account and simplest way: https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Block-Outgoing-Caller-ID-From-IP-Phone-RingCentral.html

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Robert Lester avatar image
Robert Lester answered Anirban commented
  • The first solution works as advertised. Does RingCentral support a code (like *82 on many phone systems) that transmits Caller Id info for that one call only?
    • RingCentral does allow an alternate caller Id number which will be used if they detect that the lack of Caller ID will cause the call to fail. But sometimes I want to send Caller ID because the recipient may not answer the ringing phone otherwise...hence the ask for a *82 type of capability.
  • The second solution doesn't work. When I dial *67 I get a fast busy signal. This occurs regardless of whether the first solution has previously been used to configure the user's caller Id to 'blocked' or 'main number'.
1 comment
1 |3000

Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

The first and 3rd solution works fine for me.. Not tried the second solution from online portal yet.

Not sure why *67 <number># doesn't works for you.. It works fine for me

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app