question

Tracy Gorman avatar image
Tracy Gorman asked Ken Lin edited

deleted account but when trying to re add error message saying email address already in use

error message saying users email already in use

app administration
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

Try to check all the users and extensions if the email is assigned anywhere in the account.

If the issue still exists, submit a support ticket to the developer support team. They can assist you in investigating the issue

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tracy Gorman avatar image
Tracy Gorman answered

I have done this already and can not see the email address used anywhere else i have logged a case but have not received a response back yet

Thank you

1 |3000

Emil Baez avatar image
Emil Baez answered

Any update, this is happening to me as well and I just start with RC ....

1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I just tested on my sandbox account. I deleted and re-add a new extension reusing the email address and it works well.

The best way is to create a support ticket so the developer support team can help take a look at your sandbox account.

1 |3000

Terry Landis avatar image
Terry Landis answered Phong Vu commented

If you had a Proof of Concept going in the past, with that email address entered - it is possible that only RC support can clear it out.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Not really. I login my sandbox as a normal user (an account owner) and delete/re-create and extension with the same email address.

Did you contact the dev support?

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Houle avatar image
Michael Houle answered Phong Vu commented

I too have run across an email already in use but can not find the account anywhere. Did anyone solve this?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Did you submit a support request?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ken Lin avatar image
Ken Lin answered Ken Lin edited

This has happened to some folks in my company. Usually it's because they had tried to create their own Video Pro free account before IT has a chance to create it under the admin portal. Since there can only be one unique email address, once setup by the user, the IT admin cannot use it again. The solution is to have the user delete their account so that it's available once more. If they don't remember the password, select "forget password" to reset (assuming they can access the email).

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys