question

Sean Marsh avatar image
Sean Marsh asked Phong Vu commented

SMS API "Feature not available"

I created a new sandbox account for testing the SMS API. I then created a console app (per ringcentral instructions) and tested the API using the sand box credentials. Connecting to the API works fine but returns this error when trying to send a test SMS:

Content: {

"errorCode" : "FeatureNotAvailable",

"message" : "The requested feature is not available",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "MSG-242",

"message" : "The requested feature is not available"

} ]

}.

I have made sure I've added the correct features to the sandbox app (per the instructions) but it appears it is not setting the SMS feature to true.

This is a problem with the SANDBOX app, I haven't made it to production due to the fact I can't send an SMS in the sandbox app.

Thanks in advance.

rest apideveloper sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

This problem should not happen as we fixed the process to include SMS feature to a sandbox main company number. I am not sure why it still happens time to time. Give me your sandbox main company number so I can ask the team to enable it manually for you.

7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Charter Flight Group avatar image Charter Flight Group commented ·

+14242543150

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Charter Flight Group commented ·

Enabled. You can use this sample code to double check.

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/messaging/quick-start

0 Likes 0 ·
David Lewis avatar image David Lewis Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I'm having the same problem after setting up my sandbox. What is the best way to get this resolved?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Sean Marsh avatar image Sean Marsh commented ·

+14242543819

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Sean Marsh commented ·

Enabled. You can use this sample code to double check.

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/messaging/quick-start

1 Like 1 ·
Sean Marsh avatar image Sean Marsh Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Phong, It is working as expected. Thank you for your quick action.

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised by your quick action and resolution. I had opened a ticket 2 days ago and after 18 hours finally received a response that said (paraphrasing): "Email tech support with this problem. Ticket Closed".

I did email tech support with the exact same information I provided in this question (including the userId) and they responded with: "Please provide a sample of the issue as well for further investigation of this case if possible. This email will be automatically closed after at the end of the second business day if we do not receive any response .

Application Name:

Client ID or App Key:

Organization:

Request API:

API Response:

API Body:

".

That response is very annoying when clearly you have demonstrated it could have been resolved immediately with the provided information.

Anyway, I appreciate you! Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Cote_Business Systems avatar image
Cote_Business Systems answered Sean Marsh commented

Are you connecting to the sandbox phonenumber (vs your live RC phonenumber)?

1 comment
1 |3000

Sean Marsh avatar image Sean Marsh commented ·

Yes, I'm using the sandbox credentials, not production or RC numbers. (userId, extension, key, secret)

0 Likes 0 ·
Charter Flight Group avatar image
Charter Flight Group answered

I am having the exact same issue. I am using the Sandbox phone number. I cannot connect to support either...keep getting an Error page. Also, I cannot seem to locate any information as it pertains to `Path Params->accountId` or `Path Params->extensionId` really frustrating.

1 |3000

The `country` object returns errors as well.

1 |3000

1 |3000

Charter Flight Group answered Phong Vu commented

Are the `accountId` and `extensionId` the same as the Username and Extension listed under `User Account Credentials`?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Normally the extensionId of the first user (the Super Admin created by default) is the same as accountId.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Cochrane avatar image
David Cochrane answered Phong Vu commented

Hi. Will you add SMS to (470) 799-2474 please? Testing SMS and receiving same error as above.

3 comments
1 |3000

Request for enabling SMS for this phone number is created. It would take a couple days for the team to process. Please stay tuned.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Cochrane avatar image David Cochrane Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

It was already working this morning. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

Enabled. Pls check it

0 Likes 0 ·
Sherwin Servande avatar image
Sherwin Servande answered Phong Vu commented

Hi Phong. We would like the SMS feature enabled in our (470) 419-4749 sandbox number for testing, please. We are receiving the same error mentioned above.

1 comment
1 |3000

The number is SMS enabled. It is the main company number and assigned to this extension (Tim Collman, Ext. 101). You have to either authenticate the app with the Ext 101 user extension to send SMS. Or reassign the number (via auto-receptionist general settings) to your extension (Ext. 102).

Or alternatively, add a direct number to the extension 102 and try sending from that number.

P.S Next time pls don't ride on other's question which already accepted as an answer like this one. I just cause unnecessary email notifications sent to others.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys