question

Mike R. avatar image
Mike R. asked Suyash Joshi commented

can we add metadata to the call log CSV? i'd like to add the name of the recorded mp3 file

hello, i'm working with Observe.ai, they are helping us analyze recorded calls.

we're required to provide them with call recordings and metadata related to each call. 1 of their requirements is that we have to provide a unique call ID for each recorded call. is there a way to do this?

i do see that i'm able to download all recorded calls for a date range and also view the call log. However, the call log does not indicate which record corresponds to the mp3 file of the recorded call. please help

analytics and reportingcall logscall recording
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Suyash Joshi avatar image Suyash Joshi ♦ commented ·

Hi Mike R, Have a look at this API and let me know if that helps: https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Log/readCompanyCallRecord - Notice the required parameter 'callRecordId'. You can get that from CallLog API and use that to map it to the actual recording which is found in the HTTP Response of this API (recording -> contentURI). Thus the "callRecordId" here is the key that connects call Log to the actual recording (mp3).

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Muhammad Anwar avatar image
Muhammad Anwar answered Mike R. commented

When anyone pulls call logs via API. There is a "recordingid" field associated with each call record. You can pull recording of that call by using that id.

5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Muhammad!

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike R. avatar image Mike R. mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

thank you for your response!

i did not realize that an API was available to pull call logs.. is there 1 available to bulk download call recordings as well?

ideally, we would like to programmatically send this 3rd party company call recordings to their FTP or S3 AWS bucket and include the call logs that show the "recordingid". Can ring central work with us on this request please?

Thank you very much

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike R. avatar image Mike R. commented ·

thank you for your response!

i did not realize that an API was available to pull call logs.. is there 1 available to bulk download call recordings as well?

ideally, we would like to programmatically send this 3rd party company call recordings to their FTP or S3 AWS bucket and include the call logs that show the "recordingid". Can ring central work with us on this request please?

Thank you very much

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Mike R. commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Mike R. avatar image Mike R. mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

thank you. i know i'm able to download recorded calls as well as the call log but it doesn't provide the info required. what we're looking for is a way to utilize an API to bulk download calls and also access a call log with call metadata that includes a unique call identifier so we can map the metadata to the recorded call mp3 file.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app