question

Jay Vercellone avatar image
Jay Vercellone asked Phong Vu commented

Missed call notification not working

Hello,

I am trying to set up a webhook notification for missed inbound calls. I'm using the following event filter for that purpose:

/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/{extensionId}/telephony/sessions?direction=Inbound&missedCall=true

However, whenever there's a missed inbound call, I get no notifications whatsoever.

If I remove the missedCall=true parameter, I get 3 notifications for every missed call:

1. The call "Setup" notification (where missedCall = false)
  2. The "Voicemail" notification (where missedCall = false)
  3. The "Disconnected" notification (where missedCall = true)

If I set the missedCall=false parameter, I get the first 2 notifications, which leads me to think that there's something wrong with the RingCentral notifications when it comes to missed calls in particular.

Any ideas?

rest apiwebhooks
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

You are using the extension level "/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/{extensionId}/", are you sure that you made a call to one of the phone numbers of that extension?

Can you try the account level and run your test?

/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/sessions?direction=Inbound&missedCall=true

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jay Vercellone answered

The extension ID is correct I assume, since I'm getting all the other extension-specific notifications.

When I subscribe to the account-level notification instead, I do get the notification, but I'm not able to specify which extension to monitor.

So to summarize, this is my experience:

• The extension ID is the correct one (I'm getting all the notifications for that extension when specifying the extension ID)
  • The missedCall=true filter works only at the account-level notifications
1 |3000

Jay Vercellone answered Phong Vu commented

To add more information, here's the event I received when the subscription was set at the account level:

1612315649607.png

I then changed the subscription to receive events at the extension level, using the same extension ID as above:

1612315534270.png

And after that, I stopped receiving the notifications.

1612315534270.png (25.1 KiB)
1612315649607.png (50.1 KiB)
3 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I asked you are you sure the incoming call was dialed to a phone number belong to that extension (id: 287893004)?

I tested on my account and I got it works for both account level and extension level. Pls double check the phone number.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jay Vercellone avatar image Jay Vercellone Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, it's going to that extension. That's actually the only extension I have. You can verify from the payload above, that the account-level notification I received when calling the extension matches the extension ID that I put later in the event filter. I then proceeded to do the same test, calling the same extension, and did not receive the notification.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Jay Vercellone commented ·

That's weird. It works as expected for me on both sandbox and production account.

Are calls made during your test with account level and extension level from the same phone to the same number? Which app do you use to login and receive or make calls?

I see a strange setting in your call handling even that should not be the root cause of this. You "forward" call to your own number then to your home number.

screen-shot-2021-02-02-at-81653-pm.png

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys