question

Chady Boutros avatar image
Chady Boutros asked Phong Vu commented

Need to speak with someone from Ring Central Development

If someone has a contact in Ring Central Development, could you please ping them?

I have an in house private application that we are using and I need to add Call Control to it. I don't want to take it offline because I am using it. Here's what I need:

1. Someone from Ring Central to add Call Control to my application.
2. Or someone from Ring Central to promote the clone I made that has call control.

Application Name: Cellphone Certified

Phone Number: 519 697 1675

Thank you in advance,

Chady

graduation
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Ideally, you can just clone the app, add the new permissions to your app (cloned app will be in sandbox) then implement and call the new APIs you need. Test everything like you did the last time. Once your app meets the graduation requirements, apply for the production then you will get new app client is and secret. Replace your current app client id and secret with the new ones.

6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chady Boutros avatar image Chady Boutros commented ·

That's what I was hoping avoiding. The problem is my developer only can work on weekends and we are on a tight timeline. It would be, "A LOT" EASIER if someone from Ring central just added call control to my existing application or just approved my cloned application.

Is there a way to connect me with someone who can help? I would greatly appreciate it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Chady Boutros commented ·

I really don't recommend to try anything on production w/o testing on the sandbox environment except when it is not possible to test on sandbox.

I don't know how and why your developer works during the weekend causes problem when adding new permissions and testing the app. A private app w/o SMS permission will be graduated in a minute after it meets the graduation requirement.

Anyway, take your own risk. I see you have 2 apps named "Cellphone Certified", one public app and one private app. Both of are are in production. Which one do you want to add the Call Control permission? I can help with the private app only though. If it is the public one, then you really have to clone and do as discussed above. So give me the app client id to be sure which app.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chady Boutros avatar image Chady Boutros Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I really appreciate your help. I will be very careful. The cloned app ID is 2HatvdpATGuikmp0xEI-bg

It has all the necessary permissions. I just need it approved. I appreciate you more than I could ever explain. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
Chady Boutros avatar image
Chady Boutros answered

I just need access to a webhook that is only accessible through call control.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys