question

Matanya Fishaimer avatar image
Matanya Fishaimer asked Matanya Fishaimer commented

Presence webhook does not work on production

I have created an application on sandbox with Subscription and Read Presence permissions. Created a subscription to listen for inbound calls and send a webhook request to our server. All worked fine in sandbox (i.e called the sandbox number and received the payload as expected). I have graduated the app to production and registered the same webhook, but it doesn't work. I am not getting any hits to the registered endpoint, even though calls are constantly being made to the company

webhookssubscriptionpresence
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Matanya Fishaimer commented

Do you subscribe for presence event notification at extension level or account level?

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Matanya Fishaimer avatar image Matanya Fishaimer commented ·

Thanks, yeah, I figured I should subscribe to each extension individually. So I called get extensions first, and then subscribed to all of them by passing them to the `eventFilters` array. Is there a way to subscribe on the account level (passing ~ just subscribes to my extension)?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Matanya Fishaimer commented ·

Yes, if you would like to receive presence event of all extensions under your account, use the account level. Here is the reference

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Account-Presence-Event

1 Like 1 ·
Matanya Fishaimer avatar image Matanya Fishaimer Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys