question

Melissa Fitzpatrick avatar image
Melissa Fitzpatrick asked Jay Puppe answered

Remove the announcement to announce yourself when doing a conference call.

With the newest RingCentral update, we are having all 3 parties on a simple conference call, hear a notice to announce yourself to join a call. This is not a meeting that we've scheduled, it's a simple connection of 3 people. We should have the option to remove this. We were given a workaround to hit *#8 to remove the announcement. We are making hundreds of conference calls per day. This is not a good solution. We need this addressed ASAP. Not sure how you can make a global update like this and not get input from your users who actually use this feature.

video
11 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Melissa Fitzpatrick avatar image Melissa Fitzpatrick commented ·

Also seems ridiculous that I have to create a message on a community board instead of having this addressed by the technician on the call.

1 Like 1 ·
Jay Puppe avatar image Jay Puppe Melissa Fitzpatrick commented ·

Melissa - We are also experiencing this. I reached out to support and they recommended I vote on your comment. Please vote on this idea and we can hopefully reach the developers! https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-991

1 Like 1 ·
Eddie Garcia avatar image Eddie Garcia commented ·

This is ridiculous. How are not more people up in arms about this. It's silly, totally embarrassing and annoying. I add someone to call and it literally says "YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE CONFERENCE PLEASE ANNOUNCE YOURSELF" followed by awkward silence from the participants and myself saying to ignore.

PLEASE GIVE US A FIX!!

1 Like 1 ·
Art Murray avatar image Art Murray commented ·

I couldn't agree more. Terrible new feature!!

1 Like 1 ·
jennifer-lovelady-ext avatar image jennifer-lovelady-ext commented ·

I agree! Please remove ASAP.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Melissa,

If this is only a simple connection of 3 people, why not use the three way calling instead?

screen-shot-2021-01-08-at-54644-am.png

screen-shot-2021-01-08-at-54718-am.png

screen-shot-2021-01-08-at-54747-am.png

0 Likes 0 ·
sherri-rodriguez10861 avatar image sherri-rodriguez10861 mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

The annoying announcement comes after clicking merge on a simple three way call you are describing. No way to disable it in the new RC desktop app.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stephanie McElheny avatar image Stephanie McElheny mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

This is exactly what is causing this issue, Mary. We're just adding someone to a call and merging and getting this ridiculous message.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Hi Everyone, does someone wants to volunteer and submit a feature request for this? It would be highly appreciated. Please add it in our Ideas Portal. Go to https://ideas.ringcentral.com/

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jay Puppe avatar image
Jay Puppe answered

Idea / Bug / Feature Request Link: https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-991 (submitted Jan 20, 2021)

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app