question

Graham Dobson avatar image
Graham Dobson asked tak-it1 answered

Call Queue members and Voice Mail

How can a call queue member access and manage the voice mail messages left on call queue voice mail box?

Can a member manage the vm's from the RingCentral windows client?

and/or Web Client?

As Call Queue manager with full access we can see and manage the vm from the web client but can do from the desktop client?

call queuesvoicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

There are two ways on how a member can access call queue voicemails.

1. You can provide the call queue credentials on the member so he/she can have it logged in on the RingCentral app.

- Go to Support site and search Activate a RingCentral Call Queue to learn how to setup call queue login password.

2. As an admin, you can add multiple member's email address for voicemail notifications with attachments.

- Go to Support site and search Update Call Queue Messages and Notification Settings on the RingCentral Online Account

Note: Make sure to enable "Include attachment with email" to listen voicemails attached on the notified email.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered

There is no shared mailbox at this time - I believe there is a beta version you can opt into but don't hold me to that.

There are 2 ways that I find simplest for most users:

• Create a shared PIN, circulate it to whomever needs to check the queue's voicemail. If you dial the queue's extension and immediately press * (star), you can then enter the queue's VM. Note: this does not solve the issue of not knowing when a VM is left.
  • Email distribution. If that doesn't work (staff don't have speakers, voice transcription isn't always accurate via Vm to text, etc), I also find success having them emailed regardless, the staff see that as a "notifier" that there is a message to check and they follow the step above. They can then reply all to the voicemail via email saying "this was taken care of" or whatever works, so that the other members in the queue/department do not bombard the client with follow ups.

Obviously shared VM would be the better solution, but we'll wait for that to get added.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app