question

Manny Martinez avatar image
Manny Martinez asked Manny Martinez commented

Help with RingCentral Embeddable Widgets for ClickUp, Embedding RingCentral Glip API (no development experience)

Hello everyone,

I am using a platform known as ClickUp to better organize my team and company. I would like to integrate or embed RingCentral in it, and it does give you the option and embed space to do so. However, with no technical knowledge whatsoever, I am unable to get it to work past showing the login. It does show the RingCentral popup and will redirect me to the RingCentral login, but once I click through the site, it doest not take me back, nor does it login on the widget in ClickUp. If anyone knows of any solutions, please let me know. And if I'm just being dumb then please by all means let me know as well haha talk soon and stay safe everyone!

Manuel

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Embbnux Ji avatar image
Embbnux Ji answered

hi @Manny Martinez Can you share more about the "embed space" at your platform, screenshots or others?

For RingCentral Embeddable, you can embed it with JS script or iframe src.
https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-embeddable/blob/master/docs/get-started.md

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Manny Martinez avatar image
Manny Martinez answered Manny Martinez commented

Hello @Embbnux Ji, thank you for replying! Yes of course, I've attached a screenshot and the application's name is ClickUp. I have been using that exact code sequence, for both JS and iframe.

It shows the login for RingCentral, but when I click on that and it goes to verify against the RingCentral database (I enter my RingCentral account info), I never achieve login and I am not redirected back to ClickUp. It just keeps me on the "Loading..." screen. The app does not update either.

As the post says, not much development experience here, but the JS and iframe looked feasible. If I am making a mistake please let me know where!

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 11.23.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-09 at 11.26.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-09 at 11.26.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-09 at 11.27.27 AM.png

5 comments
1 |3000

Embbnux Ji avatar image Embbnux Ji commented ·

Seems that you are not using Chrome browser. Can you try if it can work at Chrome?

0 Likes 0 ·
Embbnux Ji avatar image Embbnux Ji Embbnux Ji commented ·

I just tried with Chrome. It can login, but still has some limitation at embedded view.
* If user leave the embedded view, app is disposed

* the widget can't get microphone permission (limitation from clickup), so user can't make call at Browser. Only can call with RingCentral desktop app.

I recommend you to use our official chrome extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ringcentral-for-google/fddhonoimfhgiopglkiokmofecgdiedb

It can embed RingCentral widget in any website, and support click to dial

0 Likes 0 ·
Manny Martinez avatar image Manny Martinez Embbnux Ji commented ·

That is a better understanding, thank you for the help. I do use a Chome browser, but the application ClickUp is where I am trying to embed the link. It is a downloadable software, and has web page access. I was trying to make it show within the application. Would you have any advice on that? Also once again, thank you for all of your help!!!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys