question

Developer Admin avatar image
Developer Admin asked Developer Admin commented

Production App error at authorisation (Unauthorised for this grant type),Unable to access Production server despite password has been changed.

Hello,
I have created an rc app and passed the graduation requirements, now it is active in production. I am using .net core web application with ring central .net sdk. It is working fine with sandbox credentials but when i changed it with production credentials it gave an authorization error. I have reset the password of production credentials but it did not work and it reset the password of my account. I have attached the screenshots of the error message and piece of my code.

My application details are as follows,

RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID:mMbs96qzT0WBfQaQNwls2g
RINGCENTRAL_EXTENSION:101

authentication
code.png (17.8 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu edited

You have to call this method with 3 params.

rcsdk.Authorize("RINGCENTRAL_USERNAME", "RINGCENTRAL_EXTENSION", "RINGCENTRAL_PASSWORD").Wait();

BTW, don't post full production number here in public space, nor full app credentials even if it is encoded. I dashed out your number and remove one of your attachment.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer Admin avatar image
Developer Admin answered Developer Admin commented

I have also tried with passing extension but same error is still there.

2 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Post the error again w/o those sensitive information.

0 Likes 0 ·
Developer Admin avatar image Developer Admin Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Please check attached file.

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.png (4.1 KiB)

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys