question

akkarao b avatar image
akkarao b asked Phong Vu commented

Need to Sign in single step for embeddable widget which is browser based and private

Hi, i am implementing embeddable widget in my web application.SO i am using an app which is private and browser based.When i am signing in it is taking 3 steps(Authorization Code flow) to sign into widget but i need to sign in a single step. That is like Just passing username,extension,password,app key,app server etc i need to able login in in single flow.Please reply.

authentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered akkarao b commented

The embeddable does not support password flow authentication. That is why it requires the app to be "browser based" and uses authorization flow authentication.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

akkarao b avatar image akkarao b commented ·

Thanks for your reply. we have a call center support team who should answer the customer queries. After implementing this widget in our application every time our call center team should login our web application first and then they should login embeddable widget to attend calls which is taking more time for our support team in this login process through this authentication flow. Can u please suggest a better way in this login process.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

Any embedded or browser based application will always have Authorization Code flow which is more secure and provides better security and you need to follow that steps.

"RingCentral supports the Authorization Code flow for apps that can protect a client secret and Implicit Grant flow for apps that cannot (e.g. a browser-only application). "

Here is full details:

https://ringcentral-faq.readthedocs.io/en/latest/oauth/

1 |3000

akkarao b avatar image
akkarao b answered Phong Vu commented

ok thank you.After signing in i am not getting auth token in my control.How to get auth token in my application to hit APIs in my web application.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Read this section to customize the redirect_uri where you can get receive a token.

Here is more information about implicit grant flow.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys