question

Alan avatar image
Alan asked mary-community-moderator commented

Glip/Unified App - Calendar Presence not syncing for dual calendars

The RingCentral Glip app has a handy feature called 'Calendar Presence'. My understanding of this is that any calendar that is associated with the relevant calendar (in my case, a Google Calendar) would be synced to indicate a 'busy' ('in a meeting') status.

There are various use cases of this:

1. When I create a meeting directly on my calendar to 'block off' time to focus on various work projects. These work projects are often time-sensitive; however they are not an actual 'RingCentral' meeting with other participants - it's just me. In this case, I want to be able to use Google's 'Create new calendar' function and have the calendar also synced to RingCentral, so that blocked time for projects also shows up as busy/in a meeting.
  2. If two members are collaborating on a project remotely, they may not even have a RingCentral meeting set up; however, if that time is blocked off on their calendars, then the RingCentral status should reflect it appropriately.

In the current case, RingCentral does not reflect the presence status of the 'Blocked Time' calendar below; causing confusion with other team mates, since the calendar indicates that time is blocked off and RingCentral indicates that I'm 'Available'.

Can you please address this right away?

1619024109290.png

1619023660566.png

1619024308067.png

P.S: I discussed this with Dennis Hufemia @ Ring Central; so he should be able to provide more details if needed.

presencegoogle
1619023660566.png (18.0 KiB)
1619024109290.png (6.7 KiB)
1619024308067.png (160.9 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hi Alan, The workaround for this would be to add an RCV Meeting link every time you create a new schedule. Your RingCentral app presence will be "busy" even if you don't go to the actual meeting.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Alan avatar image Alan commented ·

Hello, Thanks; unfortunately that workaround would be time-consuming and will not work for me; since I create all meetings directly from (Google) Calendar.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Alan commented ·

I see, Alan. For feature requests, please submit them in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app