question

Occuflex Fax avatar image
Occuflex Fax asked Occuflex Fax commented

Are faxes sent sequentially from one extension?

If I'm using the fax api to send 10 faxes in 1 minute from a single extension, are these sent sequentially or in parallel?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

They will be on the queue and most probably sent sequentially.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered Occuflex Fax commented

As per I know, API calls are sequential and fax should be send one after another depending upon the number of times you called the API.

Until and unless you use any logic to make it parallel using coding, for example from a Java code you can call the APIs parallel 10 times or from a Mulesoft code I can call api 10 times with scatter gather coding, default should be sequential.

3 comments
1 |3000

Occuflex Fax avatar image Occuflex Fax commented ·

I meant once it is queued with RingCentral. Does RingCentral send them sequentially or parallel because its from one extension?

0 Likes 0 ·
Anirban avatar image Anirban Occuflex Fax commented ·

It should be sequential. A queue concept is always sequential

0 Likes 0 ·
Occuflex Fax avatar image Occuflex Fax Anirban commented ·

So in order to send at the same time I would need multiple extensions?

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys