article

orchard-medical-center avatar image
orchard-medical-center posted clear2220 commented

unable to parse fax envelope

When POSTing from vb, I get the error "unable to parse fax envelope". The POST payload looks exactly the same as the one I am sending from the REST client which works fine.

It took a while to realize that I should only use Line Feeds "Chr(10)" and not Carriage Returns "Chr(13)" !!!

I searched this site looking for an answer, but I guess no one else had run into this problem before.

Hopefully, this will save the next person some time.

getting started
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image benjamin-dean commented ·
Windows VS Linux newlines is always a problem for systems which are sensitive to these types of nuances.

Thanks a TON for sharing your VB experience. I will tag this post respectively.

I've also converted this to an article.

You are welcomed to submit a Pull Request to the RingCentral FAQ repository on Github (to include this in the official FAQ) if you would be interested.
https://github.com/ringcentral/ringce...

Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
clear2220 avatar image clear2220 commented ·
I also had this issue as my c# classes are in PascalCase, and Newtonsoft serializer output this:
{   "To": [     {       "PhoneNumber": "16461231234"     }   ],   "FaxResolution": "High" }
in addition with the CRLF.

I fixed this by using this in my FaxRequestBody class:

public string ToJsonString()         {             string json = JsonConvert.SerializeObject(this,                                                        Formatting.None, // so there's no CRLF                                                       new JsonSerializerSettings                                                       {                                                           NullValueHandling = NullValueHandling.Ignore, //this so nulls are not shown                                                           ContractResolver = new CamelCasePropertyNamesContractResolver() //this so PhoneNumber property is output as phoneNumber                                                       });             return json;         }

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys

Article

Contributors

Mary-Community_Moderator contributed to this article orchard-medical-center contributed to this article