Idea

truevoice avatar image
truevoice Posted ·

Can we get functionality to send DTMF tones?

I would like to send DTMF tones while on the call.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike Posted ·
Hi Jeff,  Can you further explain the issue, or what you are trying to do?  DTMF tones should be active while on a call. 
5 comments

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

I presume you mean you want an API to send DTMF tones while the call is active?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Yes I want to call a specific number, press a series of digits and then record what is said.
0 Likes 0 · ·
This is used to call into an automated system.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hey Jeff, are you looking for an API to accomplish this (as Marco had asked) or some other type of interface please?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi there. I'd love to be able to do this too. Is there any chance you'll be adding the functionality?
0 Likes 0 · ·
vb avatar image
vb Posted ·
Sending DTMF is not available through APIs AFAIK. I you want to accomplish call-recording *9 is the code to do it through DTMF while on call using RingCentral account phone number. Could you elaborate the use-case? 

barbara-mount avatar image
barbara-mount Posted ·
We have to send a DTMF tone to automatically unlock a door for customers with entry credentials.  If I'm reading Jim's response at the top of this chain, DTMF tones should be active during a call and should work like any regular desk or mobile phone.  Can you please confirm?

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.