question

Chris Grove avatar image
Chris Grove asked mary-community-moderator commented

My tasks created in the desktop browswer are not syncing with the phone app. Is there a setting to change this?

I'm using Windows 10 and MS Edge or Chrome for my browsers and the App shows updated 6-28-21. If I create tasks on my desktop they don't show in the phone app but tasks created in my phone app do show up in the desktop. We are new to RingCentral but my guess is that it should be syncing bilaterally.

ringcentral app
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Chris Grove Hey, it may be that you have not configured your tabs in the phone app to reflect your use of Tasks.
I might recommend reviewing this KB and see if this helps you sort the issue:

https://support.ringcentral.com/app/overview/mobile/customizing-tabs-ringcentral-mobile-app.html

If it doesn't let us know and we'll dig in a bit further.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris Grove avatar image Chris Grove commented ·

Thank you. I tried that and it did add Tasks to the bottom of the screen making it more accessible so that was nice.

But the main issue still persists.

1. If I create a task through the web browser, it doesn't show up on the phone app.
  2. If I create a task through the phone app, it DOES show up on the browser version.
  3. Furthermore, if I use the web browser to make the task created by the phone app as completed, it correctly removes the task from both the browser and the phone app.

So there is some syncing going on, however, it seems that tasks created through the browser don't show up on the phone app.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Chris Grove commented ·

@Chris Grove , please coordinate this with Tech Support. You can create a case at https://support.ringcentral.com/s/new-case?language=en_US.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app