question

Sahoo Suraj avatar image
Sahoo Suraj asked Craig Chan commented

How to consume the GetAllContents API, what is the account_name & platform_hostname & how to authenticate each request?

In the curl request, what is the account_name & platform_hostname & how to authenticate each request. For each api request we might need the token, so where do we get that and does the token have a session time out too?

authentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered Phong Vu commented

@Phong Vu I believe he is asking the value of these parameter {account_name} {platform_hostname} in the API url

1626108115053.png

1626108115053.png (81.5 KiB)
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

@Phong Vu API reference url: https://developers.ringcentral.com/engage/digital/api-reference/Contents/getAllContents

Part of Engage API.. I also wanted to know the values

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Anirban commented ·

My bad. Let me notify the Engage expert to look at it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Craig Chan avatar image
Craig Chan answered

account_name: each customer is given their own subdomain name. For instance Sahoo.api.digital.ringcentral.com.

platform_hostname: We have a couple as older accounts are on an older domain (<YOUR-DOMAIN>.api.engagement.dimelo.com) or a newer domain (<YOUR-DOMAIN>.api.digital.ringcentral.com)

You can find details about generating a token here: https://developers.ringcentral.com/engage/digital/guide/basics/access-token

1 |3000

Sahoo Suraj avatar image
Sahoo Suraj answered Craig Chan commented

@Craig Chan Will the access token generated have any validity or it has no session end?

1 comment
1 |3000

Craig Chan avatar image Craig Chan ♦ commented ·

@Sahoo Suraj, the access token does not expire (no session end), but the token could be disabled by the user or the user themselves could be disabled resulting in the token getting disabled.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys