question

OTF Lake Oswego avatar image
OTF Lake Oswego asked OTF Lake Oswego commented

Texting

We need to be able to text from our main number ONLY!!!! Because the system won't default to that, our staff is sending texts from our main number AND our other number, causing major confusion amongst our customers. The customer is getting texts from two different phone numbers and therefore, two different strings of messages. THIS. HAS. TO. STOP!!!!! How do we fix this?!?!?!?!?!

sms and text messaging
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

You can text from main number. What is the issue you are facing?

0 Likes 0 ·
OTF Lake Oswego avatar image OTF Lake Oswego Anirban commented ·

Yes, I'm aware we can text from the main number. That is not the issue. The issue is that we can't get the system to DEFAULT to text ONLY from the main number. We have to manually change it to text from our main number every single time we start texting for the day and not everyone remembers to do that so we end up sending texts from MULTIPLE PHONE NUMBERS.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Currently, only the operator extension can be able to send an SMS from the main number. Would you please vote for the feature in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-359? You can also visit our support site to learn more about RingCentral features at https://support.ringcentral.com/.

0 Likes 0 ·
OTF Lake Oswego avatar image OTF Lake Oswego mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I do not understand what it means when you say "only the operator extension can send a text from main number." I have no idea what that means and I do not think that addresses the issue we are having. We need the system to allow us to default sending texts from the main number only and not have to manually change that every single day because our staff can't always remember to do that.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app