question

Ed Stern avatar image
Ed Stern asked mary-community-moderator commented

Easiest way to have a single source for all front desk people to answer phone and check messages etc

I have a small patient care practice with multiple people answering the phones, voice mails and faxes. I need a single place (as much as possible). What's the easiest solution. I set up a phone queue but "waiting in the queue" is OK but the callers need to be able to leave a message if they don't want to wait. If they leave a message I need an easy place for everyone to share getting the messages. So thinking maybe, shared extension is better, or is that silly since there doesn't seem to be an easy way for people to share checking the voice mails. So here are my questions:

• 3 people taking calls at random times, what's the best way to get the calls to the people
  • What's the easiest way to get the calls they miss to voice mail
  • If you say queue, then how can I get the folks holding in the queue to a opt to leave a voice mail option?
  • and...
  • Can I have the company Fax number go to the box where everyone can check the fax? Can if be the same place as voice mails?
ringcentral app
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ed Stern avatar image Ed Stern commented ·

Thanks, but correct me if I'm wrong, to check the message only mail box would require an additional password and no email notification to everyone in the group/queue right?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Ed Stern commented ·

Yes, it does require a password, but you can enter multiple emails to receive the notification.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hi Ed, you can create a Message-Only extension. It would help if you had to set up a call queue greeting that will announce the message-only extension number to press to leave a message. Kindly check the Kb articles below to set up the Message-Only extension and how to access the voicemails.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/4491.html

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/message-only-extension-log-in-check-voicemail.html

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Message-Only-Extension-Set-Notifications-RingCentral.html

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ed Stern avatar image Ed Stern commented ·

Can I have the phone queue send callers when the time out of the queue to that message only voice mail as well?

How does a caller force themselves out of the phone queue to this box?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Ed Stern commented ·

Can I have the phone queue send callers when the time out of the queue to that message only voice mail as well?

- It depends on your "ring order".

How does a caller force themselves out of the phone queue to this box?

- While waiting for someone to answer, they can dial the extension nmber of the Message-Only extension.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app