question

nathan-d15829 avatar image
nathan-d15829 asked Phong Vu answered

Voicemail App setup

I'm definitely new to RingCentral development, but I am looking to write a simple modal notification app (for windows desktop) that shows my front desk the number of voicemail (new & old) and allows her to quickly manage them without having to dial into RingCentral or log into their admin screen.

My questions is if anyone has any suggestion/structure/setup to this app. Should I be using WebHooks? Subscriptions? Events? etc.

I have read through the API, but I am no professional developer, At this point in my career, I'm more of a hack developer that will throw code until it works without understanding the "correct" way to do it...because I only ever write for myself, not for $.

Any help is very much appreciated.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Check out this article and the source code of the demo project to learn more. It's a Web app but you can learn from the JS code and build your own app for native Windows desktop.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys