question

Harrison Keating avatar image
Harrison Keating asked mary-community-moderator commented

Voicemail Numbers Now Read As Numeric

Starting a few weeks ago, when listening to a voicemail the caller phone number is recited as a large number.

For example, 419-221-8727 is read "four billion one hundred ninety-two million two hundred eighteen thousand seven hundred twenty-nine" instead of "four one nine two two one eight seven two seven."

I saw forum posts from 1+ years ago saying it was a known issue called JIRA CNV-28823.

Any changes / fixes?

voicemail
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Harrison Keating Have you checked to make sure you are on the latest version of the app?

0 Likes 0 ·
Harrison Keating avatar image Harrison Keating Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Becky-Community_Manager We are running version 21.3.15.91779 of the iOS app.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Harrison Keating commented ·

@Harrison Keating I am looking into this issue with the Product Team.
If you haven't created a case, I encourage you to do so - this will help to pull together notes on your experience and any other customers that are experiencing this.
I'll share an update here when we hear back.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chuck Metzger avatar image Chuck Metzger commented ·

Any update on this as we're having the same problem on two new client accounts?

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy Pompura avatar image Andy Pompura commented ·

Is there a known timeframe as to when this issue will be resolved? It seems to be still occurring on the phone app.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Andy Pompura commented ·

Hi @Andy Pompura, we don't have a time-frame for this yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
Terry DeStasio avatar image Terry DeStasio mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Any update as to when you will have a fix. The last I heard it was going to be released in an update. We received the update, but no fix.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

The issue is related to a Known Issue we currently have in our system. The Product Team is investigating it as a bug, and there is no currently available ETR when it will be resolved. Rest assured that they are working to resolve it. I am following this ticket, and I will make sure to update here once they fix it.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app