question

Stephen Parris avatar image
Stephen Parris asked Phong Vu commented

How can I get call quality information via the API?

I am trying to the use the API to obtain the Call Quality, QoS, metrics but looking through the API information I cannot locate a request that returns this information, Jitter, Score, Packet Loss.

I know the information is stored as I can see it in the Calls reporting but I need to be able to access this information programmatically. Is this currently possible using the API?

Thank you

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

We will soon have a beta API to access call performance. Please stay tuned for the announcement.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jorge Correia avatar image
Jorge Correia answered Phong Vu commented

Hi @Phong Vu do you have any timeline for the release of that beta API? Is there any public roadmap for the API enhancements/future implementations?

Thanks

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

It'll be ready in a couple of weeks via a closed beta program. I will give you further instruction of how to signup for early asap. Stay tuned

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Please check out this new API to see if satisfies your needs. Let me know if you have questions or feedback.

Thanks!

2 comments
1 |3000

Jorge Correia avatar image Jorge Correia commented ·

According to the documentation it seems this API only returns aggregated data, so it will not be possible to have metrics at the call level (eg TalkTime, RingTime, HoldTime), are there any plans to have an endpoint with raw data at the call level?

I know that I can calculate metrics using notifications/webhook but it will be nicer if those data were available through the API.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Jorge Correia commented ·

Thanks for your feedback @Jorge Correia! Yes, those metrics at the call level is on the roadmap and will be available in the near future. Not committed but likely by Q1 next year.

Right now, you can use the telephony session event notification as you mentioned. I have a demo project here.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys