question

John Gill avatar image
John Gill asked mary-community-moderator commented

explain billing for users, extensions, phone numbers, pls

I am lost, and have not found explanations on users, extensions and phone numbers.

We only need one central phone number for incoming calls. Calls are routed to a sales queue or a support queue. We need no specific users. We have a handful of people who answer calls from the queue but do not make calls. Then we have 1 person who might make outbound calls. We have no use for direct dial numbers. We also have a SIP phone that is more community based and occasionally will make or receive a call. We are on standard plan.

Do I need a user license for people with soft phones who do make external calls? These stations are really not named users, but rather a pool that changes. Would that be virual extensions?

Do I need to have any external phone numbers (other than our central number, which does not seem to be billed) ?

It looks like we might have an external telephone number for the community phone. Is this Limited Line ?

Thanks, and pls do not ask me to contact my rep, as I he is out on medical leave, and I would rather have an answer here.

phonehardwareadmin portalbillingextension
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

We only need one central phone number for incoming calls. Calls are routed to a sales queue or a support queue. We need no specific users. We have a handful of people who answer calls from the queue but do not make calls. Then we have 1 person who might make outbound calls. We have no use for direct dial numbers. We also have a SIP phone that is more community based and occasionally will make or receive a call. We are on standard plan.

Answer: User extension is needed by those who take incoming calls from either Sales Queue or Support Queue, and those users don't need to have a different number other than the main number. Also, that one person who may need to make outbound calls using a SIP Phone needs to be assigned a user extension for it to work.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Call-Queue-Frequently-Asked-Questions.html

Do I need a user license for people with soft phones who do make external calls? These stations are really not named users, but rather a pool that changes. Would that be virtual extensions?

Answer: A user extension that needs to make external calls will have to purchase a Digital Line.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Phone-Numbers-DigitalLine-Overview.html

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app