question

brian-kleinfall8967 avatar image
brian-kleinfall8967 asked brian-kleinfall8967 answered

Promotion to Production - qualifying issues

So I created an app because I want to pull message data down from the system. Got it all working just fine now. Somehow made some bad API calls to an endpoint early on and now no plans to use that endpoint or which endpoint it was. No way to promote this app to production because of the bad calls to the one endpoint????? So I cloned it to a new app. Changed my IDs for Oauth and started making my calls again. Now, the new app is not getting any stats on my good calls - so again - no way to promote it. What is the deal with the API administration? And no support other than to submit a ticket which takes days for a response. Anyone else find a work around their crappy API admin system?????

graduation
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

What is your app client id? I can check and help.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

brian-kleinfall8967 answered Phong Vu commented

wEN2i-mhTsKIwaaZXKARqw - was the original one - with bad calls. I have processed way more than 10 calls today to the API

woRHv0RfTNayGpoPnWvPRg - is the new one - no data even though I ran API calls on it as well

I am only doing a message store call - changed permissions from SMS to Messages earlier today

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I move your original app to the production env. The problem was that you still have more than 5% error. I think if you would call APIs successfully more to reduce the error rate down to < 5% then it will allow you to submit. However, it may takes some time for the system to update the analytics. Anyway, your app is now active on production.

0 Likes 0 ·
brian-kleinfall8967 answered

OK got it thanks!

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys