question

Alan Christensen avatar image
Alan Christensen asked Phong Vu commented

SIP integration knowing when a call is answered

I am making a SIP integration with RingCentral but I don't get the SIP messages that I would normally need.

What I am trying to do is an assisted transfer. Transfer to phone when answered.

I make a call from ring central custom sip phone A to ring central phone B. Then wait for the SIP messages to inform me that the B answered the call. But it doesn't work as expected. I get an immediate answer then it will play any audio as configured in the phone. Then it will make the call to B. So it seems that an intermediary sip endpoint is answering then passing that call to the actual phone.

What I need:
Some notification, a 183 SIP Session progress message or something like that would do the job. Just looking for some SIP message that says the call was answered by B not just that intermediate SIP endpoint that seems to answer the call immediately.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered Phong Vu commented
11 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Alan Christensen avatar image Alan Christensen commented ·

Thanks for the link. Your problem is the same as mine. It seems like an issue that needs to be fixed in the SIP backend and not just the softphone. I am working on my own SIP softphone implementation.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alan Christensen avatar image Alan Christensen commented ·

How do I upvote this or cause more attention so it get's addressed?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Alan Christensen commented ·

What is your production account id or company name? @Craig Chan Can you have a look at this request and discuss with the engineering team?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys