question

Nigel McLaughlin avatar image
Nigel McLaughlin asked Phong Vu commented

API missing records and weird data

Hi,

I'm having some issues with the API in Sandbox:

* the only Company-wide calls that show up are those where I make the call through the CallOut endpoint even though all calls show up in the normal web interface. No Inbound calls show up -> though it rings the App.

* I do not get a "node" for the call recordings - again, they are available in the web interface & I have the correct grants.

* Direction is reversed and says Inbound instead of Outbound and has the To / From reversed.

Any help appreciated as this just seems illogical.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

How did you setup your sandbox? How many user extension did you add to the sandbox account? Do those user extensions have their own direct number or digital line?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Nigel McLaughlin avatar image
Nigel McLaughlin answered Phong Vu commented

We have a fully paid account on MVP Premium with 3 users each with their own line. I am trying to "graduate my App" so we can begin using it with our CRM, but the returned API data is completely wrong - and as it never returns information about the Call Recordings in the JSON I can't complete that part of the requirement either.

6 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

But in your original question, you wrote "I'm having some issues with the API in Sandbox:", So is it your sandbox or your production?

0 Likes 0 ·
Nigel McLaughlin avatar image Nigel McLaughlin Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Sandbox API is returning the wrong data - I can't graduate my App to production as it's missing data i.e call recordings and sending back wrong data + as I posted in another thread, I have successfully subscribed to a Webhook, but never see any inbound ones except at the time I subscribe.

0 Likes 0 ·
Nigel McLaughlin avatar image Nigel McLaughlin Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I only have Sandbox API credentials - but our actual "phone account" is fully paid - when I do getCompanyCallLogs I get some of the results, but not all of them and the information is wrong.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Nigel McLaughlin commented ·

If you are on sandbox, just talk about sandbox. Why do you have to mention about your production if you have not graduate your app yet. That just makes more confusion.

I also asked you how did you setup your sandbox and got no answer. How many users and do the users have direct number or digital line or not.

Anyway, I cannot help w/o details background info and I recommend you to open a support ticket so an expert can have a look at your sandbox account.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys