question

Dave Carlson avatar image
Dave Carlson asked mary-community-moderator commented

Create Shareable Recording Link

Is it possible to create a link to a recorded meeting from RCV, instead of just sharing to tenant members directly? In Meetings, this was possible, but it would appear this functionality doesn't exist in RCV yet. Thanks!

video
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hello @Dave Carlson , it is also available in RCV. Kindly check on this Knowledge Base article below.

https://support.ringcentral.com/app/video/desktop-web/sharing-ringcentral-video-meeting-recording-desktop-web.html

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Dave Carlson avatar image Dave Carlson commented ·

Hi @Mary-Community_Moderator! I've seen this article, but unfortunately I think you misunderstood my question. That sharing method only allows you to send the video directly to participants of the meeting. What I'm looking for is a link to the meeting recording that anyone could access, sent by some other means (e-mail, IM, etc.). The inability to do this requires a presenter to go through the trouble of downloading the video, then re-uploading it to a video sharing platform. While possible, it's a lot of extra steps and those steps were not present in the RingCentral Meetings platform.

An example of use case is a company training session that we'd then like to send out to any staff members who might have been unable to attend the meeting. A link to the recording would not be able to be sent to these individuals via the method indicated in the KB article you provided.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Dave Carlson commented ·

Thanks for clarifying @Dave Carlson. This feature is not available with RCV yet. We'd love to let the Product Team know about this. Would you please submit a feature request in our Ideas Portal?

0 Likes 0 ·
Dave Carlson avatar image Dave Carlson mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Done! It can be found here. Thanks!

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app