question

Roger Samuel avatar image
Roger Samuel asked Roger Samuel answered

Error sending an MMSmessage

When I try to send an MMS message I get:

{ "errorCode" : "InvalidParameter", "message" : "Parameter [attachments] value is invalid.", "errors" : [ { "errorCode" : "CMN-101", "message" : "Parameter [attachments] value is invalid.", "parameterName" : "attachments" } ], "parameterName" : "attachments" }

Does anyone know what's wrong? I have the JSON formatted properly and it worked in the sandbox. Now it does not work in production.

errors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Roger Samuel answered Phong Vu commented

Is there anything else I can try? I'm stuck right now?

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Things must be in your code then. Does it work with just SMS text?

Are you ready to try e.g. the Node JS SDK?

0 Likes 0 ·

I see you are trying to provide service to RingCentral users to use P2P SMS (consumer) for A2P SMS (non-consumer), you will soon cause them getting blocked by mobile carriers.

Are you available for a quick call so I can walk you thru a process and better options? If so, let me know your email address.

0 Likes 0 ·
Roger Samuel answered

Roger

roger@vortext.ca

1 |3000

Roger Samuel answered Phong Vu commented

Another issue, it does not even work in the portal "TRY API" option

1 comment
1 |3000

BTW, I check your production account and you don't have one. You signed up for a free tier sandbox account and you created a public app so that other RingCentral customers can login your app with their own credentials to send SMS.

Now tell me how did you try to login the production? Do you login with a customer credentials? If so, what is their account id?

0 Likes 0 ·
Roger Samuel answered

Yes, my client used my app for their live account . The main login number of their live production account is 720 465 6809

1 |3000

Roger Samuel answered

Any more suggestions?

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys