question

Canada Computing avatar image
Canada Computing asked tak-it1 answered

ATA Adapter vs Scan to email (@rcfax.com) for a multi function printer

Hi,

I am setting up a client in the health care with high faxing demands with Ring Central Cloud faxing. I'm wondering for high volume power users and fax intense environments should we setup an ATA adapter or scan to email (email to fax (@rcfax.com)).

From the computer, we can of course use the Ring Central Desktop app, but I am wondering what would be the best FAX setup for MFP machines.

Also, should we move to VoIP faxing with Ring Central or should we stick with POTS/Analog and simply add more physical fax lines.

fax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered

The ATAs work without issue for outbound, just don't sell them on the faxes coming out of the machine. It's far too hit or miss. Sell them on faxing from the ata for outbound and receiving the fax inbound via email.

If they need them to come out of the machine, then I'd only suggest adding more analog lines.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app