question

Alec Jones avatar image
Alec Jones asked Anirban commented

Invalid resource owner credentials move to production

Hi,
Recently graduated my app, and I have so far been unable to make any calls to the production side.

I updated client_id, secret, username, ext, and password as shown in the app account console.

I have tested being able to log into https://service.ringcentral.com/, I am able to successfully log into the account via my email + password, however, if I try the the number it doesn't match and won't log me in.

In my app, I have tried to use the email and the phone number provided, tried without an extension number as I saw that as a possible work around in another thread, but so far I have not had any luck.

I am slightly unsure as to which password should be used at this point after reading many conflicting things on here. As changing my password from the app/console and then using that doesn't seem to be accepted when tried with a number, but will with an email address. Strange.

This is the response I get.

"error" : "invalid_grant",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "OAU-140",

"message" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

} ],

"error_description" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

My client-id = UNrzp-PGTemxt4CXFrFGKw

authentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Alec Jones avatar image
Alec Jones answered Anirban commented

I just solved this a few minutes after posting! Nevermind, I was using the wrong extension number, when logging in as the main company number.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

That's great

0 Likes 0 ·
Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

I can understand you are getting confused with different solution you found in different thread here.

You can visit this https://developers.ringcentral.com/support/create-case select your app and mention the issue you are facing. It will create a ticket to developer support team and they will get back to you to assist.

@Phong Vu can also assist here.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys