question

Ismael Torres avatar image
Ismael Torres asked Ismael Torres commented

RingOut Endpoint - Make Phone Calls

Hello, I created an application using Filemaker in which we store client phone numbers, I want to make it where the user can click on the phone number and RingCentral will process the phone call. However I am not able to make the RingOut endpoint work.

I am using cURL to make the request, the staff is using the RingCentral Desktop Application for Mac.

For some info:

1. I have successfully done API calls like sms, fax etc.
  2. When I run the RingOut endpoint I just get "in progress" but the RingCentral application does not open up and process the Call.

Any help is much appreciated.

rest api
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ismael Torres avatar image Ismael Torres commented ·

I also want to point out the our account does have the RingOut permission enabled.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Ismael Torres commented

Can you print our the entire response? Particularly the status object like this

"status" : {
    "callStatus" : "InProgress",
    "callerStatus" : "InProgress",
    "calleeStatus" : "InProgress"
    }
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

screen-shot-2021-10-28-at-125318-pm.png

Yes, here you go

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Ismael Torres edited

What happens if you login the RC soft phone (with the same user extension authorized from your app), and change the setting to use RingOut for outgoing call and place a Ring-out call from the soft phone.

screen-shot-2021-10-28-at-125842-pm.png

1 comment
1 |3000

screen-shot-2021-10-28-at-10616-pm.png

I get this error.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Ismael Torres commented

Then the problem is not with the API, nor the app, but somewhere in your account/number settings. Please open a support ticket so someone can have a look at your account.

1 comment
1 |3000

I have submitted a ticket.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys