question

sekar-perumal8558 avatar image
sekar-perumal8558 asked Tyler Liu commented

C# Download MP3 recordings using SDK

Hi,

I am using the RingCentral SDK (https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-csharp) to download call recordings in my C# application.

I am able to make the call using recording id and I am getting the response.

If I save the response as .MP3 format, its not working it.

var recordingRequest = new Request("/restapi/v1.0/account/~/recording/" + item.Recording.Id + "/content");

var recordingResponse = sdk.Platform.Get(recordingRequest);

byte[] byteArray = System.Convert.FromBase64String(recordingResponse.Body);

File.WriteAllBytes(item.Recording.Id + ".mp3", byteArray);

I am converting response text as byte array and storing it as MP3.

Is there anything wrong?

Could any one help me on this?

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Sekar,

Why don't you try out the sample code from the SDK. I think recording content type is mp3 so I modified the code a little bit here.
var callLogs = await account.CallLog().List(queryParams);    // download a call recording  var callLog = callLogs.records[0];  var content = await account.Recording(callLog.recording.id).Content().Get();  
File.WriteAllBytes(callLog.recording.id + ".mp3", content.data);  
Hope this helps!

+ Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Hi Sekar,

This SDK is what we recommend:  https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-csharp-client

And sometimes the recording is *.wav instead of *mp3.
1 |3000

engineering-api-access8821 avatar image
engineering-api-access8821 answered
Hello Sekar,

You can retrieve the recording meta data and check the contentType to determine if the recording is wave or mp3.  There is an account wide setting to change from the default mp3 to wave. The setting can only be changed by RingCentral. I have not been able to get much information on this setting.  I was told it's an account wide setting and that the recordings would be delivered in that format.  Its seems that this is incorrect as I am still getting both formats.  Unfortunately, my project I requires wav.

http://ringcentral-api-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/calllog_call-recordings/

I hope this helps.

1 |3000

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
As mentioned by  Engineering API Access, the RingCentral endpoint can return a MP3 or a WAV file and you can distinguish this by examining the 'Content-Type' header.

A simple way to do this is check to see if 'Content-Type' header is 'audio/mpeg' in which case use '.mp3' extension, otherwise use '.wav' extension.

Here's a Ruby example:

https://github.com/grokify/ringcentral-sdk-ruby/blob/master/scripts/call-recording_download.rb#L48

ext = response_file.headers['Content-Type'].to_s == 'audio/mpeg' ? '.mp3' : '.wav'
1 |3000

developer2-twc9617 avatar image
developer2-twc9617 answered Tyler Liu commented
Hi Sekar Perumal,

I am also facing this issue. Kindly let me know how to resolve.
 Thanks.
1 comment
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys