question

Krishana Khatri avatar image
Krishana Khatri asked vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered

How to test Ring Central App by calling the number using softphone? I am outside of US.

I am very new to ring central. I have a single node dummy application and I want to reach that application by dialing a number, either through a softphone or a physical phone, the problem I am facing is that I am in India, and when I dial the default number assigned by ring central (Which is in the US), I am not able to reach the number.

Is there any way I can test my application by dialing a number

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Login your sandbox service web and add a new user with device (at the select a device step, choose others and select the RingCentral soft phone as the device).

Now you can make test calls between users in your sandbox account (something like 101 and 102 users) using the soft phone (switch to sandbox mode before logging in).

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered

You can also add DLs to extensions and call to DLs logging in to 2 different devices to make test calls. Here is how you can add DLs : https://support.ringcentral.com/article/ringcentral-phone-softphone-outbound-calling-adding-digital-line.html

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys