question

hardik-joshi6230 avatar image
hardik-joshi6230 asked hardik-joshi6230 commented

Getting "SendingFail" messageStatus when posting new fax message. what is the reason ?

Hi Team,

When i am simply posting Fax message from sandbox account using API explorer. its goes to messageStatus "Queued" then after some time its changed to "SendingFail".

so concern here is, how can i know what is the reason for sendingfail ? i have checked in response also for reason of failure but didnt found it.

is there any way to find out the failure reason ?

Thanks,

Hardik Joshi

faxerrors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
You can use the API Explorer to check account/~/extension/~/message-store.  There you can find the failure reason such as: "messageStatus": "SendingFailed", "faxErrorCode": "RenderingFailed"
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

hardik-joshi6230 answered hardik-joshi6230 commented
i am getting "faxErrorCode":"Undefined" what does it mean ? what can be the cause for it 
25 comments
1 |3000

hardik-joshi6230 avatar image hardik-joshi6230 commented ·
Hi, Looks like functionality working fine now. will let u know if there is any issues.
1 Like 1 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
Could you please double check the messageStatus? If error is undefined, message status should be sent.
0 Likes 0 ·
Below is my response.

"id": xyz,
"to": [
  {
    "phoneNumber": "abc",
    "location": "xyz",
    "messageStatus": "SendingFailed",
    "faxErrorCode": "Undefined"
  }
],
"type": "Fax",
"creationTime": "",
"readStatus": "Unread",

0 Likes 0 ·
ak avatar image ak commented ·
@Hardik,
Without the API request and response, its difficult to say what the reason for the error is.However, it might be that the 'to' number to which you are sending faxes might not be a number capable of receiving fax messages. 

However, as an alternative what you can do is you can create another extension lets say (102) and assign a voice/fax number to it and try to send it to that number. 

In the past, we have had one other developer face a similar situation, you can lookup the article here:
https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/fax-sent-from-api-but-status-is-sending-f...

Let me know if this helps. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi AK,

Above linked didn't worked for me because he was having faxErrorCode = "RenderingFailed" and i am having another extention number with me but getting same error code for that also. its always giving me faxErrorCode = "Undefined"
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I have no idea. I have noticed the RingCentral platform team. We will get back to you soon.
1 |3000

hardik-joshi6230 answered
ok Thanks Tyler. let us know once you have information on it
1 |3000

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
When you see the 'SendingFail' message in the 'message-store' endpoint, you can find a detailed reason in the 'call-log' endpoint for the corresponding message. Look for the 'result' value. A list of result values is in the API Reference here:

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#ResultStatusValues
1 |3000

hardik-joshi6230 answered
Thanks John,

I don't have permission in my app for call log, but I have tested today its working fine
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys