question

Heng Ong avatar image
Heng Ong asked Phong Vu commented

Retrieving SMS for multiple numbers by Super Admin

Hi there,

Will all SMS that flows through an account on different numbers be available in the Super Admin's extension?

For example, if an account has phone numbers A B and C, and if I use the Super Admin credentials to access the /restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/message-store endpoint, will I be able to read all SMS that goes through all 3 phone numbers, or do I have to use credentials for the extensions tied to those 3 numbers?

2nd question - Is it possible for an SMS to live in multiple extensions' message-store? For example, if the SMS number has a call queue with multiple agents in that call queue.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Yes, as a super admin, you can read the message store of another user extension. You need to know the extension id and read one by one (extension) using the following API.

/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/[extensionID]/message-store

You can read extensions id by calling the list extension API

For your 2nd question. No, call queue members do not have access to the call queue extension (with a direct number). The call queue manager can access the message store of that number though.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Heng Ong avatar image
Heng Ong answered Phong Vu commented

Thanks @Phong Vu . Can super admins subscribe to Webhook notifications (Events) from other extensions?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

That's right.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys