question

Bradley Bristow-Stagg avatar image
Bradley Bristow-Stagg asked Bradley Bristow-Stagg commented

Meetings Recordings API constant 504

Hey folks,

I sent this email over a month ago and got no response, so going to assume that you're no longer monitoring that address. Also, the link you supply to check my tickets ends up in a complete loop and ends up routing me to RC England which doesn't accept my login.

PS Yes I am still getting this error and I have submitted tickets about it as well.

Sent: Thursday, 14 October 2021 9:52 AM
To: devsupport@learn.ringcentral.com
Subject: Service Temporary Unavailable on Get Account Meetings Recordings

Hey folks,

For the last three days, if I make a request to: https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/:accountId/meeting-recordings/ with a single meetingId field I get the following response:

{

"errorCode": "CMN-201",

"message": "Service Temporary Unavailable"

}

HOWEVER if I specify a meetingStartTimeFrom and or meetingStartTimeTo I get returned data, though they are not filtering correctly either. Example:
I have a known meeting I am trying to find by the StartTimeFrom/To, here is the raw data of the meeting:

{

"meeting": {

"id": "1448743814",

"topic": "McCartney Electrical Solutions - SESSION - INVOICING - Karen",

"startTime": "2021-08-10T23:00:15Z",

"uuid": "ULfWTpD3RDe+doRQQwoxaw=="

},

"recording": [

{

"id": "ac0eaeb2-c010-4e4f-905c-738125bd95c6",

"contentDownloadUri": "https://media.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/2194749014/extension/2203352014/meeting/ULfWTpD3RDe%252BdoRQQwoxaw%253D%253D/recordings/ac0eaeb2-c010-4e4f-905c-738125bd95c6/content",

"contentType": "video/mp4",

"size": 104587835,

"startTime": "2021-08-10T23:00:17Z",

"endTime": "2021-08-11T00:09:23Z",

"status": "COMPLETED",

"uuid": "ULfWTpD3RDe+doRQQwoxaw=="

}

]

}

Now, if I set meetingStartTimeFrom: 2021-08-10T23:00:00Z which is 15 secs before the startTime listed above I get no results:

page1.png

Changing the page number doesn’t change any of the returned data either:

page2.png

rest apimeetings
page1.png (147.8 KiB)
page2.png (141.5 KiB)
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Your attachments do not show up?

0 Likes 0 ·
Bradley Bristow-Stagg avatar image Bradley Bristow-Stagg Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Can you see them now?

0 Likes 0 ·
Suyash Joshi avatar image Suyash Joshi ♦ commented ·

Just making sure you're trying to use RingCentral Meeting (RCM) user recordings and not RingCentral Video (RCV) user recordings right as this API is for RCM?

0 Likes 0 ·
Bradley Bristow-Stagg avatar image Bradley Bristow-Stagg Suyash Joshi ♦ commented ·

We are not using RCV because it is missing lots of features that we need from RCM.

0 Likes 0 ·
vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered vyshakhbabji Deactivated commented

The right email ID to reach to devsupport is devsupport@ringcentral.com , however we are ending email based supports. So you will need to open a support ticket using the link below:

https://developers.ringcentral.com/support/create-case

Can you please open a support ticket and provide the API Request Headers , Request body and Response and the team will investigate it further and will get back to you ?

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

vyshakhbabji avatar image vyshakhbabji ♦♦ commented ·

Please expect some delay in the response due to Thanksgiving holidays. The team will be back on Monday morning.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bradley Bristow-Stagg answered

This is STILL not working!
2784-1638763857337.png

1 |3000

Bradley Bristow-Stagg answered Bradley Bristow-Stagg commented

OMG Even your support portal is INOP!

2792-1638764115435.png

4 comments
1 |3000

Let me ping the support team and ask them to contact you.

For your original question, I think the RCM get meeting recordings list API really has an issue. I got the same error "Service Temporary Unavailable" on my test with an invalid meeting id.

1 Like 1 ·
Bradley Bristow-Stagg avatar image Bradley Bristow-Stagg Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

It has honestly been broken for months and because of which I am very much considering moving to a different provider (I'm looking right now actually). The level of support recently has been woeful.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Bradley Bristow-Stagg commented ·

Fully understand your frustration. I am trying my best to help you and I already alert the support team about the ticket issue. I also talk to the PM asking him checking with the dev team. Please stay tuned.

Meanwhile, have you company migrated and used RCV instead of RCM for meetings?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered Phong Vu commented

@Bradley Bristow-Stagg I just checked the meetingID that you posted in the previous post, I couldn't find the meeting related to that ID. May I know where did you get that ID from?

Also , I checked other IDs that are available on your logs and the url works Fine for those IDs

for example:

GET /restapi/v1.0/account/~/meeting-recordings?meetingStartTimeFrom=2021-05-10T23:00:00Z&meetingId=1440295829 HTTP/1.1
Host: platform.ringcentral.com
Content-Type: application/json
Accept: application/json
Authorization: Bearer [token]

returns 200 OK response with the body of meeting ID : 1440295829

For fetching meeting for specific ID as well , the meetingStartTime is required field

Do you have another examples of missing meeting IDs? Can you share?

For invalid meetingID I got a 404 response with msg :

{ "errorCode": "CMN-102", "message": "Resource for parameter [meetingId] is not found"}

I just checked the support ticket link to create a ticket and it works just fine . Can you please retry ?
https://developers.ringcentral.com/support/create-case

ringcentral-developers.png

8 comments
1 |3000

"For fetching meeting for specific ID as well , the meetingStartTime is required field"

Internal identifier of a meeting. Either meetingId or meetingStartTime/meetingEndTime can be specified

So no, if you specify the meeting id, you don't need the meetingStartTimeFrom param. Does not make sense if this is really required!

@Bradley Bristow-Stagg Now, I also notice that the meeting id you posted here is not strange. Where did you get it from?

As I said earlier, I don't have a meeting recording so I cannot verify. But form the API reference, the sample response shows that the meeting id is a long number as string

"meeting": {
      "uuid": "cH8KxkWpR1ea+SvPYeCwoQ==",
       "id": "12345678",
       "topic": "Meeting Topic",
       "startTime": "2018-07-02T10:30:00Z",
      }, 
0 Likes 0 ·

Not sure what is wierd about the meetingID 1444451455. Where are you seeing something different in what I have posted?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Bradley Bristow-Stagg commented ·

Sorry, I picked the wrong id, the recording id "ac0eaeb2-c010-4e4f-905c-738125bd95c6".

And if I used that recording Id, I got the same error "Service Temporary Unavailable" as your. But now if I use any other id as number string, the response is "Resource for parameter [meetingId] is not found"

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Bradley Bristow-Stagg avatar image Bradley Bristow-Stagg commented ·

You documentation SPECIFICALLY says; EITHER OR, does NOT specifiy BOTH as required.

screenshot-2021-12-07-121443.png

See above the highlighted section. Why should I need to provide BOTH when a meeting can only have ONE ID? It is a UNIQUE identifier.

Also, I did not say that the create link does not work, but I showed that your support portal to view/review tickets is broken.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys