question

Emmanuel Mata avatar image
Emmanuel Mata asked Michael Walko commented

Fix for Screensharing has failed to start. Please try again later Error Code 105035

Hi Team,

Any idea how to fix this issue?

Screensharing has failed to start. Please try again later Error Code 0 or 1050352021-12-28-20-59-00-kazell-and-15-more-pages-work.png

Random users in our company are experiencing this issue.

I tried everything from adjusting RC meeting config to uninstalling RC app but none of it helps.

The above error only occurs when the user is accessing link that generated by Ringcentral meetings.

Sharing screen in Ringcentral Video is fine only the Ringcentral meetings is failing.

meetings
16 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Michael Walko avatar image Michael Walko commented ·

We have the same exact issue and we had opened a ticket about 1 week ago. I am told by ringcentral that it is a bug in the program. We were told to use a temporary workaround. In the RC Application go to Setting > Video > and change the service to RingCentral Video. It works kind of but it is not pleasant. It is only temporary until the workout the bug.

I have found that Screen Sharing works for Windows LTSC 2019 and newer, but not on Windows LTSC 2016 and older. For me it appears to be a permissions issue with windows privacy settings. But I have not worked out how to change it on LTSC 2016.

What OS are you troubled computers running?

2 Likes 2 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Michael Walko commented ·

Thank you for sharing, @Michael Walko .

1 Like 1 ·
Emmanuel Mata avatar image Emmanuel Mata Michael Walko commented ·

Hi @Michael Walko ,.

The affected user is using Windows LTSB 2016

I tried the following fix, but none of it helps to solve the issue.

1. Tick Click Settings > Share Screen > Tick the Enable the remote control of all applications. (which @Mary-Community_Moderator shared)

2. Reinstall Ringcentral app

3. Inspect and update Video driver.

The workaround that I provided to the user for now is to use the web version and sharing works in that method.

I agree that changing the Video service to Ringcentral Video will fix the screen sharing issue for future meetings, but those meeting links that have been generated by the old app\service Ringcentral Meetings where only the issue occurs.

It seems I can't do anything on this issue, because I think this is related to OS version. In my device I do not encounter this issue on both service RCV and RC Meeting, because I am using Windows 21H1. But if in any case I found a solution on this I'll let you know.

Thanks for your all input, really appreciate it. :)

Regards,
Emman

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Emmanuel, if the uninstall/reinstall didn't help, try the troubleshooting below.

Click Settings > Share Screen > Tick the Enable the remote control of all applications.

1 Like 1 ·
Brett Herman avatar image Brett Herman commented ·

That only makes it so that any meetings the user is hosting they are able to share screens, it does not help them when they join others hosting meetings.ringcentral.com meetings. this is still broken on 2016 LTSB (1607)

1 Like 1 ·
Michael Walko avatar image Michael Walko Brett Herman commented ·

Correct, we had to push the change to all our users.

1 Like 1 ·

we too have the same issue on the 1607 (or LTSC) versions and only with RCM. RCV does work fine. tried the same fixes, video drivers, checking Enable the remote control of all applications. No luck

0 Likes 0 ·

If I did that I would have a revolt. My test users complain about lesser quality video, lesser screen share quality the inability to do screen control while training. If RCV would improve these features I would make the switch. It’s not all di in gloom but those are definitely show stoppers. And I’ve already submitted those features to RingCentral over a year ago.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Michael Walko avatar image
Michael Walko answered Emmanuel Mata commented

The solution is to install the latest version of RingCentral App. Click on Settings then click Video in the second column. For "Video service" select "RingCentral Video".

This changes your server to "v.ringcentral.com" and may cause other issues until you transition all users completely.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Emmanuel Mata avatar image Emmanuel Mata commented ·

Yes, we have now all migrated to the latest RC app :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app