question

Kiran Sutar avatar image
Kiran Sutar asked Phong Vu commented

Get Access token from Ring central

Hi Sir/Mam,

I need access token for authorisation(OAuth 2.0) using client ID and client secret. Need to implement that in nodejs(Typescript) to access to Fax related API's. Can you please help me out for this.

Thank You In Advance

oauth2get token
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Follow the instructions from the dev guide. Select a programming language and copy the code to try.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Kiran Sutar avatar image Kiran Sutar commented ·

Thank you for reply

When I executed this as per doc provided by you I am getting below message

{ You need to enable pop-up for this web site in order to login your RingCentral via this Web app }

Without this popup can we get access token through only code ? Is it possible ?

I want to implement get access token through only code. not popup and all

Please help me out

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Kiran Sutar commented ·

The pop-up is needed for a user to enter his user name and password. That is required by 3-legged authorization. W/o that, how a user can provide login credentials?

If you want to do server only, use password flow login instead. See this quick start for an example.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys