"message": "The requested feature is not available",

"errors": [

{

"errorCode": "MSG-242",

"message": "The requested feature is not available"

}

]

}

I see in other similar questions on this forum that someone has to fix the sandbox number to enable texting. Number being used is +19293676350 Please fix.

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Try now.

Next time, describe exactly what API did you call or how did you end up in receiving an error code. Unclear questions will not be answered.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tom Kustura avatar image
Tom Kustura answered Phong Vu commented

Hi Phong,

I see a lot of questions about this error on the community and all were answered by you saying that the number has been fixed, so I assumed it was a common problem with the sandbox numbers because they are assumably recycled for sandbox environment.

It is still not working. We are calling the https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms

We are using the same testing platform that we use for all our customers (when we help them set up the SMS API app). We are setting up 2 customers right now, one is working fine and this one is receiving the 242 error message.

We have checked the credentials several times so we know those are correct. (When they are incorrect we get a different error.)

Here is the request:

{

"from": {

"phoneNumber": "19293676350"

},

"text": "Hey Tonya , thank you for requesting a quote from Exact Transport LLC.",

"to": [

{

"phoneNumber": "212729xxxx" (sanitized)

}

]

}

Response that we get was in the original message.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I added a new number to the super admin user 101. Can you login the service web, get the number and try sending messages from that number.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tom Kustura avatar image
Tom Kustura answered Phong Vu commented

Thank you for the update, however, I am not able to log into that website. I can log into the Admin portal and the Developer portal from the account, but am not able to log into that website. I do not see the new number anywhere in the Admin or Developer portals. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

3 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Which means that you are using a wrong login credentials. It must be the same username, password and extension number (if not 101) which you use to authenticate your app.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tom Kustura avatar image Tom Kustura Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you for your help! We were trying to log in with the company's main number instead of the phone number associated with the App in Dev Portal.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Tom Kustura commented ·

Your dev portal login credentials and your sandbox account user login credentials are different.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tom Kustura avatar image
Tom Kustura answered

@Phong Vu

We are having this same problem with another customer, their Sandbox phone number is 5188315033. Can you fix this for us?

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys