question

it9477 avatar image
it9477 asked Tyler Liu commented

how to add phone numbers to users and department in Sandbox?

I am unable to add department number and Phone numbers to users and group in sand box, i have a existing ringcentral enterprise account which will have the phone numbers which is not a sandbox account. when i try to add those numbers in Sandbox it is not showing Area code.

Adding phone number to User:

when i try to add existing phone number, it is showing "0 existing numbers" left in Sandbox

Same i am facing for adding Department number also.

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Embbnux Ji avatar image
Embbnux Ji answered Embbnux Ji commented
Hi, Admin (CC) RPS. You need change State/Provinces.  there are no any more phone numbers in that province
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

it9477 avatar image it9477 commented ·
Not even a single number assigned to any user! but it is showing 0 existing numbers left.
0 Likes 0 ·
Embbnux Ji avatar image Embbnux Ji commented ·
Would you please try Illinois in US  and Quebec in CA
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered Tyler Liu commented
Hi, it is not a programming related question so people here are not good at it. 

Please refer to this:  https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-faq/blob/master/docs/basics.md#where-should-i-turn-to-if-...

3 comments
1 |3000

it9477 avatar image it9477 commented ·
Thanks for update, but working in sandbox is related to developers so i thought someone in the community have faced this issue!
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
I have reported this issue to relevant team in RingCentral. And we are working to improve developer experience.

As Embbnux said, you can try Illinois in US  and Quebec in CA, there are still phone numbers available.
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
What I generally do is check the main number on the account and look for a number in the same area code.
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys