question

Robert Holloway avatar image
Robert Holloway asked mary-community-moderator commented

How to setup separate voicemail for my two phone lines ?

I have two numbers associated with my account. Both numbers get directed to the same voicemail. Can I set it up so that they go to separate voicemail boxes ?

voicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered mary-community-moderator commented

There would be a couple of ways to do it. You could create two call queues (one for each number), add your extension to both, and when a VM is left it will be independent VMs per queue and number.

You could also create two message only extensions (one for each #) and create a simple IVR that says press 1 if you've dialed number 1 or 2 if you've dialed number 2. You would then go to your extension and have calls route to that IVR if you don't pickup, rather than going to the default extension mailbox for your seat.

I don't know your use case or call flow needs, but there are ways to do what you want.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

This is absolutely a good recommendation, @tak-it1. Yes, it depends on his call flows, too. @Robert Holloway, you may reach out to Technical Support to talk more about this, and they can walk you through it too.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

@Robert Holloway, an extension cannot have two separate mailboxes. Add a Feature Request for this in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app