question

josh-levine8977 avatar image
josh-levine8977 asked Phong Vu answered

Sending SMS to multiple numbers at once using API (not as a group message)

Is there a way to send an SMS to multiple phone numbers separately using the API? I know that the SMS sending API endpoint accepts an array of phone numbers in the "to" argument, but when I do that with multiple phone numbers it sends as a group text including all the recipients. I was wondering if there's a way to separately send the same message to multiple recipients with one API call. I know the API accepts batch requests, but I'm unsure if this is supported for the SMS sending API endpoint.

rest apisms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Josh,

Good thinking about using the batch, but I don't it is supported for sending SMS messages. The document says that batch request is implemented via the methods  GETDELETE and  PUT with all their features. So most probably it is a no when sending SMS is a POST request.

We call multiple recipient is group messaging and that is why all recipient number will be included in the to field.

The only option is to make a loop and send out 1 by one.

+ Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys